How can I differentiate pricing for different customer groups in Virtuemart
How do I set up a wholesale price list for specific customers in Virtuemart?
VirtueMart is a popular e-commerce and shopping cart software often used to create a fully functional online store. You can use it to set up individual wholesale prices for different customers according to their needs. This article will provide useful tips on how to do this.
Overview of setting up a wholesale price list in Virtuemart
- Create user groups for your customers.
- Assign different discounts for each user group.
- Configure discount settings for each product.
1. Create user groups for your customers. This will allow you to assign different levels of discounts to different customer groups. You can do this by logging in to your VirtueMart admin panel and navigating to “Users & Groups” and then “User Groups”. Here you can add new groups by clicking the New button and entering the details. By selecting the option to assign a discount to a group, you can enter the discount percentage that will apply to purchases made by customers in that group.
2. Assign different discounts for each user group. You can do this by navigating to the “Discounts” section in the admin panel. Here, you can set the individual percentage discount levels for each user group. Depending on the needs of your business, you can use either a fixed numerical discount amount, or a percentage-based discount based on the user group.
3. Configure discount settings for each product. In the “Products” section of the admin panel, you can configure the discount settings for each product. Here, you can set the group-level discount percentage that will apply to customers in each user group. This will allow you to offer dynamic discounts that are personalized for each customer group.
- If you need an even more fine-grained approach to setting up the individual discount percentages, you can use the free extension “VM Discounts” for this purpose.
- You can also set up a bulk-discount system for customers who purchase more than one product. This will allow them to get discounts on the entire purchase.
Setting up a wholesale price list in VirtueMart is a straightforward process, but requires some setup. With the tips discussed in this article, you should now be able to successfully configure discount settings for specific customers. If you need any assistance with this or any other website development projects, then Free Spirits www.freespirits.gr and www.fspirits.com are here to help. We have experienced web developers available to help with any small or big projects you may have.