Which security tools are recommended for protecting a Joomla website from malicious attacks
Securing a Joomla website is essential to protect website information, content, customer data, and your brand’s reputation. At Free Spirits, we can help with any Joomla project, and we offer fast, stable and reliable hosting based on the CWP7 project. Visit www.freespirits.gr and www.fspirits.com for more information.
The following are the top best practices for securing a Joomla website:
- Update Joomla: As with any other CMS, Joomla releases both security and regular updates that fix vulnerabilities, add new features, and enhance performance. It is important to ensure that your Joomla website has the latest version, either manually or by using a backup plugin
- Use a Secure Password: A strong password with a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters is essential for securing your Joomla website. Avoid easy-to-guess passwords like “123456” or “password”. It is also important to change the password regularly.
- Enable Two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security that requires users to enter an OTP code that is sent to their registered contact numbers when they login. It helps to deter would-be hackers or other malicious actors.
- Install a Security Plugin: Security plugins help to protect your website from various security vulnerabilities by monitoring incoming traffic, scanning for malicious code or unauthorized access, and alerting you when there are suspicious activities or changes on the site.
- Enable HTTPS: HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) is the secure version of the HTTP protocol that encrypts the data transferred between a web server and a user’s browser. Enabling HTTPS ensures that any data sent to or from your website is secure, thus protecting your website from malicious activities.
With these best practices in mind, you can be assured that your Joomla website is secure and your reputation is intact. At Free Spirits, we can help with any Joomla project and provide fast, stable and reliable hosting based on the CWP7 project. Visit our websites www.freespirits.gr and www.fspirits.com for more information.