What backup options are available for Joomla websites?
How Can I Backup My Joomla Website?
Do you need to backup your Joomla website? Do you want to make sure that your website can recover from any crisis without losing your hard work? If so, then you have come to the right place! In this article, we will discuss how can you backup your Joomla website easily and effectively.
Why Backup Your Joomla Website?
Before we discuss how to backup your Joomla website, let’s look at why you should backup your website in the first place. Backing up a website can be extremely helpful if something goes wrong, such as if it becomes infected by malware or gets crashed. With a backup, you can restore your website to its previous state quickly and easily.
How to Backup Your Joomla Website
Backing up your Joomla website is easier than you might think. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, you need to install a backup plugin for Joomla. We recommend the J2X Backup PRO plugin as it is easy to use, offers good features and has a free version.
- Once you have installed the plugin, go to Components > J2X Backup > Backups.
- Click the “New” button to perform a backup.
- Choose what to include in the backup – you can click “Select All” to include everything.
- Click the “Start” button to initiate the backup.
- You will then be presented with a file download dialog box where you can save the file.
Backing up your Joomla website is easy and important to ensure smooth operation over time. We recommend the J2X Backup Pro plugin to help you in this process. Here at Free Spirits, we can help with any Joomla project you might have, as we offer fast, stable and reliable hosting based on the CWP7 project. To find out more, please visit our websites www.freespirits.gr and www.fspirits.com.