How do I upload and install a custom favicon on my WordPress website
How Can I Add a Custom Favicon to My WordPress Website?
A favicon is a small icon that appears in the browser tab of your website. It is a great way to make your website stand out and give it a unique identity. If you are using WordPress, you can easily add a custom favicon to your website.
Steps to Add a Custom Favicon to Your WordPress Website
Adding a custom favicon to your WordPress website is a simple process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Create a 16x16px .ico file of your favicon.
- Upload the file to the root directory of your WordPress website.
- Go to the Appearance > Customize section of your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on the Site Identity tab.
- Click on the Select Image button and upload your favicon.
- Click on the Save & Publish button to save your changes.
Your custom favicon will now appear in the browser tab of your website.
Using a Plugin to Add a Custom Favicon
If you don’t want to manually upload your favicon, you can use a plugin to do it. There are several plugins available that can help you add a custom favicon to your WordPress website. One of the most popular plugins is Favicon by RealFaviconGenerator. This plugin allows you to easily upload your favicon and generate the necessary HTML code to display it on your website.
Adding a custom favicon to your WordPress website is a simple process. You can either manually upload your favicon or use a plugin to do it. If you need help with any small or big project, Free Spirits www.freespirits.gr and www.fspirits.com can help.