Which systems are necessary for successful PayPal and Virtuemart integration?
How Do I Integrate PayPal With Virtuemart?
The question of how to integrate PayPal with Virtuemart is one that is asked on a frequent basis. Fortunately, doing so requires minimal technical expertise and can generally be accomplished within a reasonable amount of time. Before attempting to do so, there are a few requirements that must be met. The success of this integration is also dependent on third-party resources, such as a PayPal API token, so be sure to acquire these resources before attempting to integrate PayPal with Virtuemart.
Requirements for PayPal/Virtuemart Integration
Before beginning the process of integrating PayPal with Virtuemart, be sure to confirm the following:
- Virtuemart 1.1.x must be installed and configured with the shop’s front-end site
- A valid PayPal Business or Premier account must be established and operational
- A PayPal API token must be acquired from the PayPal API Access section of your PayPal account.
Steps for PayPal/Virtuemart Integration
- The first step in integrating PayPal with Virtuemart is to log into the back-end administration area of the website.
- Once the administration page has been reached, navigate to the Virtuemart Configuration Panel.
- Enable PayPal by selecting the checkbox titled “PayPal”.
- Copy the provided API Token and paste it into the corresponding field in your PayPal account.
- Configure the PayPal payment page to appear in either the German or US style.
- Finally, confirm the PayPal/Virtuemart integration by using the confirmation box located on the Virtuemart Configuration Panel.
At this stage, the PayPal/Virtuemart integration should be complete. However, for those seeking to expand their online payment capabilities, there are a number of additional options available. One such option is the Joomla PayPal Subscription plugin from Skill Turn. Once installed, this plugin allows for the inclusion of an “Instant Payments” button, enabling customers to make instant payments with a PayPal account in addition to allowing customers to set up recurring payments.
To ensure a smooth and successful integration of PayPal with Virtuemart, it is recommended that all of the above requirements and steps are followed closely. If help is needed, Free Spirits is available to answer questions and assist in any way possible — from small to large projects alike.
Free Spirits is a creative agency, located in Greece, specializing in custom web development, design, e-commerce, and SEO services. With years of experience and an expert team of web developers and designers, Free Spirits can ensure an effective and secure integration of PayPal with Virtuemart.
Overall, integrating PayPal with Virtuemart is a relatively simple and straightforward process. Being mindful of the requirements and following steps carefully will ensure a successful integration and an improved customer experience. For those seeking extra help, Free Spirits can provide the necessary advice and support needed to succeed.