What are the steps involved in setting up FTP accounts for users in CWP7?
How can I set up and manage FTP accounts for users in CWP7?
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a widely used network protocol for transferring files between a client and a server. In this article, we will guide you step-by-step on how to set up and manage FTP accounts for users in CWP7 (CentOS Web Panel 7), a powerful hosting control panel.
Step 1: Accessing CWP7 Dashboard
Step 2: Creating an FTP Account
- In the left sidebar of the CWP7 Dashboard, click on the “FTP Accounts” option under the “File Management” section.
- Click on the “Add FTP Account” button.
- Enter a username for the FTP account. Ensure it is unique and easily identifiable.
- Choose the domain associated with the FTP account from the dropdown menu.
- Set the password for the FTP account or use the auto-generate option for a secure password.
- Define the directory the FTP account will have access to (e.g., public_html).
- Click on the “Create” button to create the FTP account.
Step 3: Managing FTP Accounts
Once you have created an FTP account, you can easily manage it through the CWP7 Dashboard. Here are some actions you can perform:
- Edit: Modify the username, password, or directory assigned to the FTP account.
- Delete: Remove an FTP account that is no longer needed.
- Change Password: Update the password for an FTP account.
Simply click on the respective action button next to the FTP account you wish to manage and follow the prompts to complete the desired action.
At Free Spirits, we understand the importance of efficient file management. That’s why we provide fast, stable, and reliable hosting solutions based on the CWP7 project. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily set up and manage FTP accounts for users in CWP7, allowing seamless file transfer between your server and clients. For more information about our hosting services, please visit our main websites at www.freespirits.gr or www.fspirits.com.